The USPC Riding Center Program provides young riders at Saddlebrook the opportunity to participate in the Pony Club program through the administration of Saddlebrook Equestrian Center. The intent of the program is to make available Pony Club membership to youth who would not traditionally been able to participate in Pony Club due to not owning or having consistent access to a mount. The Saddlebrook Riding Center offers instruction in line with the Pony Club mission to teach children how to ride on the flat, over fences, and in the open. In addition to the Pony Club mounted meetings, Riding Centers also hold unmounted meetings where members learn about the care of horses.
The Saddlebrook Pony Club Riding Center offers the full Pony Club program, including ratings & rallies. In addition, Pony Club members through the Saddlebrook Riding Center have access to all the opportunities and activities that USPC provides for its members, including Clinics, International Exchanges, National Youth Congress, Championships, College Scholarships, and so much more!
To turn in for membership:
- USPC Member Application (sign both sides!)
- USPC Dues ($130), check made out to USPC.
- Regional Dues ($15), check made out to Rio Grande Pony Club
- Credit card form for CENTER DUES to Saddlebroook ($25/month)
- MEDICAL ARM BAND, order for $6
- MEDICAL CARD FOR ARM BAND
- USPC MANUAL, D LEVEL ($16.50)
- BADGES, as earned, ($2.50 each)
- POLO SHIRT for Rally & Field Trips (Cost TBD)
- T-shirt for meetings (Cost TBD)
- Sweatshirt for Badges (Cost TBD)
Meetings are held in the pavilion by the camphouse and meet on the 1st and 3rd Mondays.
- FALL: Sept**, Oct., Nov., Dec.
- SPRING: Feb., Mar.**, May
** Sept. and Mar. meetings will be on the 2nd and 4th Mondays due to holidays.
ATTIRE FOR MEETINGS
- Long Pants
- Saddlebrook Pony Club Polo or T-shirt tucked in
- Boots (no tennis shoes, flip flops or clogs)
- Armband & Helmet (if riding)
- Jewelry (only stud earrings & watch can be worn)
* TESTING CAN BE ARRANGED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS IF NECESSARY.